If you are amending or seeking documents containing your personal information, you must provide proof of your identity by sending the CCC an original certified copy of any one of the following documents:
- your current drivers licence
- an identifying page of your current passport
- your birth certificate
- an identity card (in the case of a prisoner).
Note: A certified copy is a photocopy of an original identity document that has been certified (witnessed and signed) as being a true copy of your original document by one of the following:
- a lawyer
- a notary public
- a commissioner for declarations
- a justice of the peace
- a corrective services officer (in the case of a prisoner’s identity card).
If an agent (e.g. a lawyer) is seeking documents on your behalf, the CCC also requires:
- certified proof of the agent’s identity
- evidence of the agent’s authorisation to act on your behalf.
The CCC must receive an original certified copy of your identity documents for your application to be processed. Emailed copies will be accepted.
Please see our contact details for where to forward your documents.