A guide to dealing with corrupt conduct in the Queensland public sector
This guide has been designed to be used throughout the public sector. With the exception of Chapter 4, which looks specifically at local government, it does not provide advice on legislation or rules that might be specific to a particular unit of public administration. It does, however, provide practical advice on:
- meeting your obligations under the CC Act
- conducting an investigation
- maintaining the integrity of the complaints process
- ensuring confidentiality and fairness during the process
- preventing corrupt conduct.
Note: Corruption in Focus: A guide to dealing with corrupt conduct in the Queensland public sector has been updated as at 22 January 2020.
Changes to the Crime and Corruption Act 2001
Some major changes to the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 came into effect on 1 March 2019. Two key amendments relevant to units of public administration are:
Corruption in focus has been updated to reflect these changes.
To find out more: