Date published 13 August 2019
Last modified 07 June 2021

You can make a complaint about a police officer to the CCC. 

The CCC deals with serious allegations against police.

The CCC deals with the most serious allegations against police, such as assault/excessive use of force, abuse of the trust placed in them, or failure to perform their duty to the standard expected of them. 

Depending on the type of behaviour you describe, their actions may be considered “corrupt conduct” and/or “police misconduct”.

Police misconduct is any conduct by a police officer that:

  • is disgraceful, improper or unbecoming a police officer, or
  • shows unfitness to be or continue as a police officer, or
  • does not meet the standard the community reasonably expects of a police officer.

You do not have to know whether the conduct you are describing is corrupt conduct or police misconduct – that is for the CCC to decide. You should simply tell us what you saw or heard or believe to have happened.

How to make a complaint 

You can use our online form to report a police officer to the CCC.

You may also choose to report the officer directly to the Queensland Police Service, who are legally obliged to notify the CCC of corruption allegations against police. 

You should report customer service complaints directly to the QPS.

Before you report an officer’s conduct to the CCC, you may wish to consider whether it could be a customer service issue or minor breach of discipline. Examples of these include:

  • a slow response to your call
  • simple rudeness
  • failure of an officer to identify him/herself.

You can report these matters to the QPS via their QPS online complaint form.

To provide feedback on this page's content, please contact us.
Brand logo as background