The Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) came into being on 1 July 2014 with the introduction of the Crime and Corruption Act 2001.
The new Act introduced changes to the Commission’s governance structure and name – the CCC was formerly the Crime and Misconduct Commission (CMC) – as well as changes to its complaints management responsibilities.
- Year 1: 2014-2015 - A new agency focus on serious corruption and organised crime (CCC)
- Year 2: 2015-2016 - A focus on excessive use of force by police (CCC)
- Year 3: 2016-2017 - Building organisational capability and Operation Belcarra commences (CCC)
- Year 4: 2017-2018 - Operations Belcarra, Flaxton and Octanda: A year of significant investigations (CCC)
- Year 5: 2018-2019 - 30-year anniversary for Queensland's anti-corruption and organised crime fighting body (CCC)