Mackay man charged for possessing performance enhancing drugs - 16 November 2016
A 24-year-old Mackay man was charged on Monday night (14 November) with a number of drug offences following a Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) investigation.
The CCC executed a search warrant at the man’s house in Mackay in August this year. The CCC will allege the man was in possession of a number of performance and image enhancing drugs (PIEDs) and further allege the 24-year-old was in possession of a mobile phone and laptop computer that contained evidence of drug possession.
In addition to the drug offences, the Mackay man was also charged with breaching a confidential CCC notice after it was discovered he had allegedly divulged to another person that he had been issued a notice to attend a confidential CCC Hearing.
The man was served with a Notice To Appear before the Mackay Magistrates Court on 14 December 2016 to face the following charges:
- 2 x Possession of a Dangerous Drug contrary to section 9 Drugs Misuse Act 1986;
- 2 x Possession of a Controlled Substance contrary to section 9A Drugs Misuse Act 1986;
- 1 x Fail to Dispose of a Syringe contrary to section 10 (4)(a) Drugs Misuse Act 1986;
- 1 x Possession of a thing contrary to section 10 Drugs Misuse Act 1986; and
- 1 x Breach of a Confidential Notice contrary to section 84 (2) Crime and Corruption Act 2001.
As this matter is now before the courts the CCC is unable to provide any further comment.