Grounds for dismissal of a complaint
Under section 46 of the CC Act, the CCC may dismiss or take no action in relation to a complaint when the complaint is:
- frivolous or vexatious
- lacks substance or credibility
- not made in good faith
- made for a mischievous purpose
- made recklessly or maliciously
- not within the commission’s jurisdiction
- not in the public interest, or
- has been dealt with by another entity.
Under the CC Act, it is an offence to make a frivolous or vexatious complaint, information or matter or to provide false or misleading statements.