Requirements for providing evidence of identity
If you are amending or seeking documents containing your personal information, you must provide evidence of your identity by sending the CCC an original certified copy of any one of the following documents:
- your current driver licence
- an identifying page of your current passport
- your birth certificate
- an identity card (in the case of a prisoner).
Note: A certified copy is a photocopy of an original identity document that has been certified (witnessed and signed) as being a true copy of your original document by one of the following:
- a lawyer
- a notary public
- a commissioner for declarations
- a justice of the peace
- a corrective services officer (in the case of a prisoner’s identity card).
If an agent (e.g. a lawyer) is seeking documents on your behalf, the CCC also requires:
- certified proof of the agent’s identity
- evidence of the agent’s authorisation to act on your behalf.
The CCC must receive an original certified copy of your identity documents for your application to be processed. Emailed copies are not sufficient. Please forward by post or in person:
Right to Information
Crime and Corruption Commission
GPO Box 3123
Brisbane QLD 4001
Level 2, North Tower, 515 St Pauls Tce, Fortitude Valley.